- Start By measuring the width of your firebox opening at the top of the firebox (W1). Record this measurement on your notepad. (Example: W1 = 36")
- Repeat this measurment by measuring the width of the opening at the bottom of the firebox (W2). Record this measument on your notepad.
- Measure the height of your firebox opening on the left side of the firebox (H1). Record this measurement on your notepad.
- Repeat this measurement by measuring the height of the opening on the right side of the firebox (H2). Record this measurement on your notepad.
- Calculate the United Inches (UI) of your fireplace by adding the top firebox width measurement (W1) to the left firebox height measurement (H1). (See Example Above) Record this measurement on your notepad.
- Using the Door Size Selection Chart above, record the size door you will need to order on your notepad.